Work For ULS New Zealand
The utility location industry in New Zealand is growing.
Demand for professional utility location services is increasing rapidly as a result of greater emphasis on health and safety and the need to reduce avoidable damage to underground assets.
If you want to be part of an organisation that had New Zealand's first internationally accredited and certified Locator, was instrumental in founding the New Zealand industry body, and consulted on New Zealand's beforeUdig Certified Locator programme, then get in touch.
ULS is a leader in the industry with a focus on professional service delivery, and we're interested in talking to potential candidates to join us as we grow.
Here's what we are looking for:
- Certified Locators, DBYD or beforeUDig, with the following experience:
- at least 5 years of experience using EM and GPR locating methods,
- exposure to utility mapping including the use of GNSS and Totalstation,
- CAD or GIS experience, and
- able to work across all underground asset types.
There are some givens: you'll be motivated, technology literate, able to manage your projects and workload, as well as being eligible to work in New Zealand.
If you think you have what it takes, get in touch using the form below.
Contract Certified Locator - Fixed Term/Labour Only
There is an opportunity for an experienced, certified Locator, to be based in Hamilton for 3 - 6 months. This is a contract, labour only, vacancy where all the equipment and a vehicle are provided.
If you have all of these capabilities:
- Current NZ beforeUdig or Australia DBYD Certification,
- At least five years of utility locating and mapping experience, and
- professional-level GPR and EM locating skills,
then we'd like to hear from you.
Please contact us through the form on this page if your work experience matches all of these.
For the right person, we would offer an attractive and competitive hourly labour rate. This is a short-term role, but with a future opportunity for continued work or to become part of ULS NZ.
Posted: April 2020